Tuesday, May 13, 2008

my cherry tree blooms

Break open a cherry tree and there are no flowers, but the spring breeze brings forth myriad blossoms. Ikkyu Sojun

My heart that was rapt away by the wild cherry blossoms - will it return to my body when they scatter? Kotomichi

I never see that prettiest thing
A cherry bough gone white with Spring. Dorothy Parker


About the woodlands I will go
To see the cherry hung with snow. A. E. Housman



Dusk - though last
bells faded
airs cherry rich

Basho


Masses of flowers
load the cherry branches
and color some bushes
yellow and some red
but the grief in my heart
is stronger than they
for though they were my joy
formerly, today I notice them
and turn away forgetting.
William Carlos Williams
Look at the cherry blossoms!
Their color and scent fall with them,
Are gone forever,
Yet mindless
The spring comes again.
Ikkyu Sojun




Every spring I look forward to the time when my cherry tree blooms. Today it finally started.

A short while ago, I got a phone call that excites me. The Worship Ministry Pastor of our church has invited me to join a group to look into bringing more creative arts into our worship. We will meet with others at our head pastor's office tomorrow night. I've always wanted to do something more with my photography - something creative more than financial.

5 comments:

  1. I will pray for you as you go to this meeting that you will find a wonderful purpose within the church to use your photography...
    You have such a gift with the camera...
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news, beautiful pictures, and I LOVE William Carlos Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Sorry I haven't been by latley we have been so busy I don't know were the time goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the second photo. I'm not sure I've ever seen WILD cherry blossoms.

    I am looking forward to hearing how this possible project goes..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete